Enter Quantity Below
These play scripts are ideal for classroom performance and discussion, at 50 minutes length, they fit into a school period. They are excellent acting scripts for kids, teens and tweens.
Plays in the Collection:
- I AM THE BROTHER OF DRAGONS focuses on the problems that having a teenage chemical substance addict create within the family.
- ALL DRESSED UP is concerned with sexual activity in the high school arena with an emphasis on abstinence.
- DROP OUT addresses the chronic problem of dropouts in urban schools and proposes a positive approach to looking at this concern.
- OPHELIA LIVES features a drama team that is doing scenes from HAMLET as they explore Ophelia’s angst in terms of modern teen conundrums, such as eating disorders, cutting, and suicide.
- THREE LONG DAYS puts five kids in a “Survivor’ situation in which they spend three days on a deserted stage and have to explore the values of self esteem, learning to work together and support one another.
Also available as Single Plays – click the links to go to the detail page for each script and read a script extract
You may also like…
- $9.00 – $75.00
- 45 Minutes
- 3 Males, 2 Females, Max/Min Cast 5
Depression, Simple Set, Small Cast, Teen Suicide, Touring
This one-act play for teens deals honestly and openly with depression and suicidal impulses among teens. Set backstage in a high school theater, a high school drama class is rehearsing Hamlet and personal issues–cutting, eating disorders and low self-esteem–that are seldom discussed begin to emerge after the teacher discovers a suicide note.
Ideal for middle school and high school students. Easy to tour with a simple set. PDF available.Read More
- $7.97 – $75.00
All Dressed Up
- 45 Minutes
- 4 Males, 2 Females, Max/Min 6
In All Dressed Up, a one-act high school comedy / drama, Melissa has been taught what she is “supposed to” learn as a young woman: to be dependent, to bat her eyelashes, never to win a game against a boy. How well does this education help her when she has to make important decisions about sexual activity. Great for teen drama groups and touring. PDF download available.Read More
I Am the Brother of Dragons – Script
- 45 Minutes
- 2 Males, 2 Females, Min/Max 4
In this insightful drama by Gillette Elvgren, a family struggles to cope with drug addiction. Highly theatrical, the actors wear the masks that represent the many disguises they all assume in the dance of addiction.Read More