Ordering Scripts ( We accept Purchase Orders – See Below)
Placing an Order for a Script
You may order a manuscript by
- Ordering and paying online with or without a Paypal Account using PayPal or Credit/Bank Card with or without a PayPal account.
We use Paypal to securely process Credit Card/ Bank Card purchases.
- Using an official Purchase Order Number. Obtain an official Purchase Order from your business office and send us a copy by mail (see address below) or email ([email protected]). We will send your purchase and follow it with an invoice to your school or organization.
- Emailing a request to [email protected] Include the name of the play and the type of delivery (print or pdf via email). We will send you an invoice and we will send your play or book upon payment.
- Mailing a request which includes your name, organization (if any) address, and email address. Send to:
Blue Moon Plays LLC
4876-118 Princess Anne Road #208
Virginia Beach, VA 23462-4499
Orders made by email will be fulfilled after payment by Paypal, Credit Card or check.
Scripts are provided in:
- PDF Format ( Printable)
- Printed Scripts
- Paperback books
Immediately after your payment is processed on the online store, the next screen provides a link where you can download your PDF script file.
Paperback copies and printed scripts
Physical products will be delivered by USPS postal service to the address you provided in the purchase process on the online store.
Orders of physical printed books will be dispatched within 2-3 days of payment. If any delay is envisaged, we will email you to advise.
- Shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and will be billed in addition to the cost of the play scripts
- Shipping charges are calculated in the online store
- For other order methoda, the cost of shipping will be added to the cost of scripts.
All sales are final. For misprinted books or damaged items, contact us at
Producing a Play – Performance Rights
A play represented by HaveScripts or Blue Moon Plays may be produced only if written authorization is obtained from Blue Moon Plays, LLC.
All of the plays represented by Blue Moon Plays, LLC are protected under international copyright laws. Any unauthorized performance of these works constitutes an infringement of the copyright and a violation of the law, with potentially serious consequences for the infringer.
The name of the author must be included in all production advertising, program information, and material related to your production. This stipulation will be in your performance license. Failure to do so may result in revocation of your rights to perform the play.
You must have purchased sufficient copies ( cast set) of a playscript before a Performance License will be granted.
To produce or perform a play, you must complete a Performance License Application to produce a full-length play, one-act, or musical.
The Performance Rights License Application Form is found on the order page for each playscript. Click the button “Apply for Performance License” in the order section for the play you wish to perform.
Your venue’s postal code is required for a license. Special clearance must be obtained for all productions in New York City and the greater Los Angeles area. Approval in these areas is not guaranteed.
If your application is approved, you will receive a license within 1 week by email..
AMERICAN COLLEGE THEATRE FESTIVAL — IRENE RYAN COMPETITION
Students do not need to apply for permission to present monologues/scenes as audition pieces in the American College Theatre Festival’s Irene Ryan Competition. You may perform monologues/scenes from any of our plays without written permission or paying a royalty fee.
Performance rights only need to be applied for and secured if a student progresses to the final round, where the monologues/scenes are presented at the Kennedy Center. Do not send us an application for the earlier rounds of the competition. If you have further questions go to The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival site and contact the representative in your district. Bottom of Form
What are PDF scripts?
PDF files are Portable Document Format files that can be opened in most computers and web browsers using Adobe Acrobat Reader. ( Link download Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Scripts are provided in PDF format in two different formats on our online Bookstore.
- Review copies of plays may be purchased in a PDF format which will be delivered either through an email link or a download button after payment. You can print one copy only. Review scripts may not be printed or reproduced for distribution in any form, or shared electronically. In accordance with the writers’ contracts with us, they each contain a faint watermark.
- Performance / Production copies may also be purchased in a printable PDF format with no watermark. They may be purchased on our online Bookstore. Order enough copies for the whole cast, if you plan to perform the play. You will receive a single PDF file. The quantity you order and price you pay allows you to print enough copies for your cast and crew.
- Performance licenses for a play will only be granted if sufficient copies of the script have been purchased for the whole cast.
Hard or print copies are paperback books sent to you via a mail service. These may not be copied or shared by any electronic means in whole or in part by force of federal law, as they are subject to copyright. See the Copyright page
What are performance royalties and what are they for?
There are two kinds of performance royalties:
- This is a fee charged for each performance, based on the length of the play and nature of the producing theatre. ( School, Amateur, Professional, Community)
- We also offer a production package with an included fee for a specific number of performances for amateur and school theaters for many plays.
- Performance Royalties are charged via the Production License you pay for.
Why do you charge for productions?
This is the way the authors earn their living. One play can take anywhere from months to several years to create, which often involves collaboration with theaters and theater professionals. Copying a script or producing it without permission from the author or publisher is equivalent to swiping a steak from a butcher.
How many scripts do I need to buy?
- For review purposes, you need to buy only one script. Select ” Review Script” in the Order Section on a book page.
- For production purposes, you need to buy sufficient scripts to produce the play; a minimum would be one for each character, for the director, for the stage manager, and for the tech people involved.
How can I pay for my order?
We accept various forms of payment:
- Credit Card via PayPal (you don’t have to be a member of PayPal)
- Check or Money Order
- Purchase Order: (you will need to email a copy of the final purchase order and number)
Do I have to pay the royalty fee if I am performing the play or musical? Yes
Do I have to pay the royalty fee if we’re not charging admission? Yes
Can I photocopy your books? No
How do I get permission to perform an excerpt at a festival or competition?
Write to [email protected] and request permission, stating your purpose. In all cases, you will be required to identify the script, author, and publisher in your excerpt.
Can I change or cut adult language?
Only if permission is granted in the script itself or if permission is received from the author or publisher.
How do I get your catalogue?
Our catalogue is downloadable from the blue Link at the top of every page. It is not available via mail at this time
Can you email the script to me?
There are email options available for PDF formats for most scripts and collections.
Do your plays have ISBN numbers?
Not all of them. Many of our shorter plays do not have ISBNs so that we can shorten the time it takes to bring them to you. Most competitions ask for but do not require an ISBN number.
Do you publish children’s plays? Plays appropriate for middle school? We have many plays for children and plays for middle school. A number of those plays are also designed for touring by high school drama groups.
Do you publish monologues? We have collections of monologues and are beginning to increase our selection of monologues by contemporary poets and fiction writers suitable for stage.
Are you a corporation? Yes, we are incorporated under Blue Moon Plays, LLC.
What is your Federal Tax ID number? 54-6095959
May I have the contact information for a playwright? You may email us by completing the Contact Form and we will pass your information on to the playwright. As a matter of privacy, we do not release information about our writers.
Can I videotape our production? Only with permission from the publisher and only for archival purposes. No videotape may be made and then sold. To post on Social Media or Youtube and other Video Sharing websites permission needs to be granted by the publisher – contact [email protected]
How do I submit my play?
Send us an email at [email protected] and provide a script synopsis and a production history.
When will you let me know?
We try to let you know our decision within 6 months. If you don’t hear from us by then, please feel free to follow up. Silence doesn’t mean we’ve rejected you or aren’t interested—just that we have a lot of scripts to review.
Do you publish books? Yes, if they have some relationship to the spoken word. See our publications of A Mirror in Time or Behind Closed Doors for an example.
Using the Site
How do I find a play in your online catalog? There is a Table of Contents at the beginning which categorizes scripts. On the site, you may use a search tool which will help you find plays which meet your cast and play requirements.
How do I find a play with a specific cast size? With a specific breakdown of males and females? You may use the play finder which is on every page of the site.
Can I print out the online script samples? Yes.